Monday, February 2, 2015

clay trays and DIY crafts

I was wandering the aisles of Michael’s not too long ago and ended up in the clay aisle. In a nostalgic moment I walked out with 11 packs of Fimo Soft in multiple colours and now I have to find a use for it all. I came across this great blog post for making trinket trays. I wanted the project to be simple enough for kids and thought this would make for a great valentine’s or mother’s day gift.


IMG_6933

To start you need clay, a rolling pin and cookie cutters. For this craft I used a large heart shaped cookie cutter I found at Michael’s in the baking aisle. I played with the clay and warmed it with my hands til it was soft enough to roll out. I rolled if flat then pressed the cutter into it.


IMG_6934


IMG_6935


IMG_6936

Put the excess clay aside and just focus on the heart shape you pressed out. Gently raise the edges so the tray will allow for earrings and rings to not roll out of it. When you are ready and your tray looks how you want it to look forever you are ready to bake it. It bakes at 210F for 15 mins.


IMG_6937


IMG_6938

When it comes out of the oven let it cool completely. You can either use a gold sharpie, gold foil pen or gold paint to make the edges of the tray metallic. Don’t forget to sign your name on the bottom! When the paint dries you can glaze it with clay glaze. Then it is ready to be gifted!


IMG_6945






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1z62GKg

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment