Monday, February 2, 2015

Crafty Frame

IMG_7727 Yvette asked if I would donate to her church youth group’s silent auction. “Why sure!” I said. “Can I do anything I want?” She said yup.


IMG_7730 I really like trying to figure out how to use stuff I already have and make them pretty. I bought a couple of prints from She Reads Truth before Christmas to give as gifts. Ya’ll! If you don’t know about this site, you have to go there NOW! I read their devotional every day. The prints from their shop are sooo pretty.


IMG_7731 I had an used frame and added some lace to make it less plain.


IMG_7732 Grabbed some paper from my scrap stash and a few punches.


IMG_7733 The round scalloped edge was my base for the flowers and the hearts would form the petals.


IMG_7725 To give the petals form, I worked them with my nail.


IMG_7726 Then I glued each petal down in circular rows. A small button was used in the middle. Then I brushed Mod Podge over and under the flowers to give stability and shine to the finished project. While they dried, I stamped a few leaves on matching paper, then cut them out. Again I pulled theMod Podge out and brushed up the leaves.


IMG_7729 Ta-Da! Oh yeah…I guess I did add other embellishments to the frame. I hot glued Pom Pom trim to the inside of the frame. And I Mod Podged brown thread into swirls on top of the lace. (This was NOT an easy task! The thread kept sticking to my fingers and to the tool that I thought would help. I was getting very frustrated.) Looks like I punched many small flowers and placed them in the corners of the frame. I used a hole punch for the flower centers.


IMG_7727-0 Hopefully it will bring a few dollars in for Yvette’s youth group.


I give thanks for you! Thanks for dropping by,


IMG_2005






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1BPhP4x

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment