Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cold Shoulder Sweatshirt and DIY crafts

cold shoulder diy Have you ever wondered how to make an off the shoulder sweatshirt? I’ll let you in on a secret. It’s pretty easy. I like how effortless and relaxed cold shoulder tops look. Instant cool girl factor, right? This project actually started with an old worn in hoody. As in my Dad wore this hoody to tatters like 20 years ago until he grew out of it. Because of this it’s super soft and has fun things like bleach marks and small holes in places. It adds character that just can’t be bought.


For starters, I used a seam ripper to remove the kangaroo pouch. Then I carefully removed the hood, cutting inside of the hemline to create a raw edge. Sweatshirt material doesn’t really unravel so you can leave the edge unfinished. Personally, I tend to prefer raw edges because I’m lazy and it just seems more natural to certain pieces. Now, at this point, if you try your sweater on you’ll probably notice there’s no way it’s going to stay up on its own. Removing the hood might make too large of an opening. Don’t despair! We’re not done yet. Pick a tank top and sew the front and back to the inside front and back of the sweatshirt. Before you sew, try the sweatshirt on over the tank top to figure out placement.


cold shoulder This is a simple enough project to sew by hand if you don’t have access to a sewing machine. When I first did this project that’s exactly what I did. I’ve worn it so much since then that some of my stitches started to break so I just went over it with my sewing machine recently and thought it would be a good project to share. What do you think? Will you join the cold shoulder gang?






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1Bok0Mi

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment