Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Country Chic on the cheap and DIY crafts

Every store you go into these days there’s a pair of antlers or some sort of mason jar something, the issue is…the price tag! Growing up with a Mother who often decorated on the cheap, as well as with a country flair, I don’t find these price tags appealing. Like any girl my age I have instagram, pinterest, YouTube, so Im surrounded by the many diy projects that we often like and share but do nothing with! Here comes the kicker, I’m doing shit, creating things, who knew. you don’t have to study art or design to save a few bucks when it comes to decorating your home in the rustic fashion. Alls you need is a trip to the good ole dollar tree and a damn glue gun. Below you can see I created two hurricane candle holders, adorned with burlap and lace, the country quintessential ;) The dollar store carries tapered candle stick all of the time, I simply hot glued the candle stick and tall vase together to created the shorter hurricane. For the taller of the two, I got glued the smaller end of each candle holder to one another, as well as the base pf one end to the base of a vase. Voila, country chic on the cheap. They are obviously very fragile and of course, not perfect but to me something that looks homemade (or semi homemade) gives off a more eclectic vibe and I like that.

Xoxo


image






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1tq0ilv

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment