Thursday, February 5, 2015

More working on the bus than posting about it on the Internet and DIY crafts

Aside from getting sick that one weekend last month, I’ve been banging this thing out- albeit with a few do-overs. The stain used on the wood for the desk cabinet had to be sanded off and totally redone, as it got discolored and looked more mud-red than “classic oak” as it said on the can… Not really sure how that happened; definitely kept it out of the cold. Whatever.


IMG_0356 Then I stretched canvas over the ceiling, knowing the canvas IMG_0351 wasn’t long enough. Curiosity, man- so I spent half a Saturday just making sure it would look good (plus you only get one chance, and wanted to get the right form down). The next week I installed the right size, and it looks awesome. Pirate ship awesome.


When it came to coving down the sides, I’d always envisioned using long wood beams. Then I realized the steel conduit siding originally on the bus would work just fine- if only I could straighten it out. 5 seconds later I realized that a hydraulic press (or 5 hours with a hammer) wouldn’t be necessary since I could just run it over with my 8-ton school bus. Sandwiched the siding between 2 sheets of former steel ceiling, and put Walden in reverse. IMG_0355 IMG_0335 Before that happened, there was a ton of cleaning since they’d been laying under the bus for the past several months– and then after steam-rolling there was the painting. So many cans of spray have given their lives in the last few weeks… Did I mention I painted the rear interior? Yeah. That’s white now. The classiness is just out of control, people. It still needs to be sanded.


Let’s see… There’s a sink now. I have a propane stove, but it isn’t inIMG_0320 stalled yet. Still evaluating possible kitchen counter top finishes- apparently a lot of people make self-leveling resin these days, and I’m trying to weed out the swindlers. Wire lighting all over the ceiling, above the canvas sheet- so it shines through all ambient mood lighting-like. Lot of extra canvas material, so I’ve begun sewing the curtains using that. Blah blah blah more wiring to make things work; not worth getting into. Oh yeah, and now the colors work.


The colors, Duke; the colors!


Bobby






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1DBLKiT

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment