Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Simple DIY Disco Shoes

I get bored with my clothing and accessories quite often so I’m constantly inventing new ways to upgrade some of my old junkie stuff.


This past summer I came across these sparkly heels from Anthropology but since I’m unemployed and I like to eat, buying gem shoes wasn’t in my “need to survive” budget. So here we are… figuring out ways to improvise cute looks for much less because who doesn’t want disco diva shoes in their closet?


The best part about this DIY is that it’s easy, cheap and should only take you a few hours.


Here’s what you’ll need!



  • an old (or new) pair of shows with a chunky heel or a wedge sandal

  • a bag of gems

  • a slick surface adhesive ( I used a Glass and Bead adhesive by Aleene’s)


optional



  • an old paint brush for glue

  • craft tweezers to place gems


Step one:


Layout your gems on a flat surface, it will help you organize which colors and sizes you want to place on the surface of the heel.Colorful gems


Step two:


Make sure the surface of the heel is clean and dry. Now it’s time to get to work!


Step three:


carefully place a small bead of glue on the surface of the gem and place it on the heel. Softy press it to the surface for a few seconds until it feels secure. And that’s basically it! Just repeat this step until you have fully covered the heel in colorful gems.


Glue for the beads

Glue for the beads



Step four:


Allow the gems to set overnight for security and then say HELLOOOO to your revamped shoes. Go out and dance or wear your heels in bed with your PJs on, like me.


Disco Queen






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/15Mb8XP

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment