Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Washi Tape Phone Case (and accessories) DIY

(Random thought: washi tape (the word not the actual item) always makes me think of wasabi and now I am craving sushi.)


The other night I got bored and started covering things with washi tape…


image2


I decided to decorate a my slim clear phone case with it! I’ve had this case on my phone for awhile and it’s gotten super scratched up from being in my purse. So instead of just tossing it out and spending money on a new case, I’ve decided to give it a new look!


image1 image3


I bought my valentines themed washi tapes from Ikea and the black and white roll from target (it is made by Scotch Tape.)


I just started at the end and cut off strips to fit the back of my phone case using scissors (you could use an exacto knife or something more precise if you have it, but scissors worked for me!)


image4 image5


I folded over the excess so it didn’t pull up on the edges. And make sure when you get to the camera hole (? is that what it is called?) you are are careful not to obstruct the view of camera!


Another really cool thing about washi tape is that it you mess up it peels off easily and you can start all over! It doesn’t leave any sticky residue. So when I get bored with the style I can give my case another make over!


What fun things have you done with washi tape?






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1CfgGIS

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment