Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Late night DIY and DIY crafts

It was Friday night and I was utterly bored and sick of being ill – was nursing a flu that started on our fourth anniversary day, bummer.


I’d been meaning to do something with one of the many empty cardboard boxes, just for the fun of it, and to let Ayra have some toys for imaginative play. Wanted to do a play kitchen but it didn’t seem like something she was going to be keen on. The next idea was a washing machine, because this kid does love to put all sorts of nonsense into our front loader (we don’t usually close the door in order to dry the inside).


So..voila! The fruit of my labour, so to speak.


image


image


A close up of the top.


I took a picture of our machine as reference. Then I covered the box with sketch paper (main body) & printing paper (top bit). Made the door by tracing two circles with two plates, cutting it almost all the way through, and then coloured the inner circle with black poster colour. I contemplated making real knobs at the top but it was too much effort for a sick mom so I just drew everything else with my Micron pens (which I love!).


The next morning this was the first thing Ayra played with when she woke up, but the novelty wore off in about 2 minutes. Ah well. Maybe when she’s older.






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1Bo6uIt

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment