Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day 57: Bleaching a scarf

In keeping up with my semi-recent theme of bleach crafts, today I decided to fully bleach a bright yellow scarf I’ve had on hand for a couple years. I bought it to wear a football game a few years ago — my school’s colors are black and gold, and I already had a black jacket. However, the scarf turned out to be brighter in person than it looked online, and I got a true gold scarf for Christmas that same year. I haven’t worn the yellow scarf since then, so it seemed the perfect to experiment on.


I rinsed it out with hot water, and some of the dye washed out immediately. I then soaked it in a mixture of bleach water for a couple hours and washed it on hot. A lot of the dye did come out, but it still has a bright yellow tint instead of the off-white I was hoping for. I might try to pick up some cheap dye at the craft store and experiment on it again, since I’ve never dyed anything and it’s not like I’m (probably) going to wear it anyway.






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1DW4UBk

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment