Friday, March 6, 2015

DIY Discovery Bottle Activity and DIY crafts

As you know, we were snowed in yesterday, so we got in a bunch of activities to keep little man occupied. The first activity of the day was a Do-It-Yourself Discovery Bottle. It was quick and easy and I am 99.99% sure you have everything you need to make this already in your house! Little Mark’s review follows below ;)


#1. Find an empty water bottle. It can be any clear, plastic bottle with a cap. Rinse it out and shake out all the water if necessary.


momtogwithablog_0151


#2. Using a funnel (I made one out of a scrap of paper), fill up your water bottle half way with rice. If you don’t have rice don’t worry! You can use dried beans, lentils, coffee beans, etc. Get creative!


diy discovery bottle


#3. Find small, colorful objects to put in your bottle. I had some red buttons left over from a Christmas craft, a box full of different beads, and ribbon, but you could really use anything. Different dried foods like beans and lentils, little foam letters, legos, barbie shoes, loose change. Really anything that they can look at and you can describe to them!


diy discovery bottle beads


#4. After you put your objects in screw the cap on super duper tight. If you want, I have seen people glue the caps on with super glue or a hot glue gun, just use extra caution and make sure the glue is completely dried before giving it to baby.diy discovery bottle activity


#5. Finally, hand it over and let them discover!


momtogwithablog_0156


What? What’s this?


momtogwithablog_0157


Okay, now what lady?


momtogwithablog_0158


I bet I can…yep…yep, I can definitely fit this in my mouth!


momtogwithablog_0159


Nom, nom, nom!






momtogwithablog_0160



Tinselman definitely enjoyed playing with his discovery bottle. He actually sat here next to me and played with it for a while after we were all done. I loved that it was so easy and I didn’t have to run out and get any supplies (which I couldn’t have done anyway thanks to the snow!)


For more baby activities like this, make sure you follow Momtog with a Blog and be sure to like me on Facebook and Instagram.






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1BfAKbe

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment