Thursday, March 5, 2015

DIY Hand Salve and DIY crafts

DSC_0897


Lauren and I seem to be on the same page this week; desperately in need of hand lotion. I suffer from awful hand eczema. Seriously guys, its gross and painful and awful. In general I have become pretty good at keeping it in check. The past couple weeks have become of a perfect storm for one of my worst flare-ups. It was a combination of washing my hands non-stop because everyone was sick, the bitter cold weather we have been experiencing and the lovely timing of my cycle.


Every. single. finger. cracked.


Ugh, it was the worst. I couldn’t put my hands in water because it was so painful, which is impossible since I have small menace running around my house. I tried all my usual go-to lotions: Working Hands Hand cream, nipple cream (normally, this will heal anything) and coco-butter. Nothing worked, my fingers continued to crack open. Finally I remembered I pinned a hand salve recipe on pinterest – from this site. I decided to bust it out. I tweaked it based on what I had in my house.


I started using it on Sunday.


Sweet Jesus guys, it worked. I haven’t had anymore fingers split open and the split ones are healing up. I didn’t take before and after pics because it was gross and I care about your eye sight. You’re welcome. Try it out and let me know if it works for you!


Hand Salve


Ingredients


8 Tablespoons Shea Butter


2 Tablespoon Avocado Oil


2 Dropperful Vitamin E Oil


20 Drops Lavender Essential Oil


20 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil


Directions


1. Place Shea Butter and avocado oil in a double boiler over medium heat. Stir gently until completely melted.


DSC_0901


2. Carefully remove the bowl from heat. Stir in Vitamin E Oil and Essential Oils


DSC_0906


3. Place mixture in a 4oz jar ( I used two 2oz jars).


DSC_0909


4. Place the cream in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow it to firm up.


Enjoy!






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1EqovuO

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment