Wednesday, March 4, 2015

DIY Pillow From Old Pants! and DIY crafts

photo (14)


I made this out of a pair of slacks. Crazy, I know! Tossing out good things just doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t keep stuff around long. I have a plan for all the “stuff” so I keep my house from looking like I’m collecting stuff for the next zombie apocalypse. I knew the stack of slacks would come in handy, I just had to let the ideas flow and make a plan and put it into action! This is what I came up with…✿


I have about ten of these!

I have about ten of these!



I cut off the legs...

I cut off the legs…



I then seem ripped it down one side.

I then seem ripped it down one side.



You can sew leg pieces together to get a really large piece. (Stay tuned to see what I made with leg pieces I sewed together!) You can play around with the angles of the original stitching too. (As in, no need to have everything in a straight line. You can have fun with angling the stitching to go at a diagonal for interest!


photo (9)

This leg was just the right size for the pillow I am using! Woohoo! :)



Also it could be neat to sew the fabric at all angles kind of like a patchwork quilt!


For this pillow I added ruffles using scraps from a sheet I that was a curtain in it's past life! :)

For this pillow I added ruffles using scraps from a sheet I had that was a curtain in it’s past life! :) I made an opening in the center for ease of washing the case.



Ta-da! A pillow out of a pair of pants! This pillow took one pair. I did mention I had a stack of 10...Yay the possibilities!

Ta-da! A pillow out of a pair of pants! This pillow took one pair. I did mention I had a stack of 10…Yay the possibilities! (Notice tiny paw on left? Belongs to cute kitty!)



To ruffle or not to ruffle was the question...Couldn't decide. I did both!

To ruffle or not to ruffle was the question…Couldn’t decide. I did both!



There you have it…Pillows repurposed from slacks! I hope you can find ways to reuse, recycle, rethink the things you have laying around your home. Until next time…Have a glorious day! ✿Koko✿ Please like, follow, and share! I do appreciate your support <3






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1B3ktaG

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment