Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Kiss kiss. and DIY crafts

Hello fellow civilians! I have returned with yet another post that may or may not intrigue you. I tried to add a slight spark to my work space since I believe if a person’s surroundings are “inviting” then it’s possible to do any given thing in that certain area. I decided to add some of my favorite quotes and a picture of my boyfriend and I. A slight reminder that no matter how alone I may tend to feel I have somebody all to myself who relies on me and who I can rely on. In addition to the quotes and the photograph, I also cut out honeycomb-shaped pieces of cardboard and painted them different shades of aquamarine and sprinkled gold glitter to add contrast. I’m rather satisfied with the result if I should say so myself. Not to forget the aquamarine printout of the wordings ‘Zou bisou bisou,’ a french song from the sixties covered by the stunning Jessica Paré from Mad Men. Call me a classy-wannabe all you want, but I just can’t get enough of the show! I can’t believe it’ll be coming to an end, the last episode of the half season got me all teary and I feel pathetic but for Heaven’s sake, we just lost Bert Cooper! Okay, I’m done blabbering, back on topic. Due to the fact that I worked a bit on my work space as you see, I managed to get a new project done. I know it seems dull and cliche but there’s just something about still-life’s and landscapes that are so relaxing to work with. I am aware of the fact that I plan on proceeding my career with illustration but there’s just something about realism (with a slight graphic touch to it) that is so soothing and people should really try it out! Forget about the proportions, forget about the accuracy just focus on the outcome and who knows? You might end up with a masterpiece. #Motivation



IMG_20150303_235127 IMG_20150303_235139 IMG_20150302_220115 11005091_914834558551104_1308640820_n


-Anjana






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1B1Wtoj

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment