Thursday, March 5, 2015

Latest Cowl

IMAG0747_1

Fresh snow, fresh yarn, and a homemade mocha



March is National Crochet month, and I’m going to try to post more yarny things this month. I had intended to do a post about my current WIPs, but I got caught up in one of them and crocheted my light away…


So today, I’m going to write about a cowl that I just recently finished. Our LYS has a knit night every week, and last week I was able to drop in for the first time. We live far enough from town, and I usually work early the next morning, so I haven’t had a chance to stop in before this. Last week, I was already in the area, so I stopped in with a bag o yarn. I also bought new knitting needles and two skeins of lovely yarn.


I had started the cowl a couple of weeks before. I wanted to play with an idea for a pattern that had popped into my head, so I grabbed some yarn that I bought on sale several years ago and worked it out. I like how the process went, but I’m not sure that I like the results of this particular pattern. If you’re not interested in the details, just look at the pictures and call it good…IMAG0751 I worked from the center outward, starting with a foundation double crochet, I gave that a twist, and started working row two along the bottom of the fdc. I went with a thick cable to give the cowl some texture, and that cause some problems. Because I threw that twist in there, I ended up having to work back post stitches along one side (even for the cables- awkward) so that it would look the way I wanted it to look. That awkwardness aside, the yarn was fun to play with, and the cowl worked up nicely and quickly. Because of the twist, the backside of the cables shows if I’m not careful about wrapping it. At some point, I’ll take my notes and turn it into a written pattern, probably with a yarn that will show the stitches better.IMAG0752






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1B52SyU

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment