Saturday, March 7, 2015

Make a dream-catcher! and DIY crafts

Hey you guys!


This can either cost you nearly nothing, or it can cost around $20 – depending on what you find at home.


Here’s what a dream-catcher looks like, in case you haven’t seen one. (They are EVERYWHERE at the moment.)


details_050


This is one I made earlier. (Hahaaa! Didn’t make it. Mum bought me that, a while ago, and she said it was ‘Stupid expensive’.)


IMG_3319


You will need:



  • A doily. Mum already had a few, so mine cost nothing. You can buy them from St Vincent De Paul for around $3-5. (Mum said.)

  • A hoop. I got mine at Spotlight – around $4.

  • Craft glue.

  • Yarn or cotton – to attach your doily.

  • Different types of ribbon, cotton, materials cut into strips – to weave around the hoop, and to hang from the bottom.

  • Feathers and beads – if you want to add those. (The one mum bought me has both.)


Mum had these cool doilies because a friend of hers gave them to her:


IMG_3280


The stuff you need:


IMG_3279


Get your hoop, put a bit of glue on it, and wrap whatever material you feel like using all the way around it. I used a pale-coloured ribbon.


IMG_3281


When you’re finished covering the hoop, tie a length of cotton to it. Then just start looping through the doily holes, and around the hoop, like below. (I got half-way through threading mine and had to undo it – because my doily has those edges, it didn’t look good! So I just tied it on with several smaller pieces of cotton.) See what looks best for yours.


IMG_3284


When you have finished attaching the doily, you can start tying on the extra ribbons, etc. (I chose white and yellow ribbon and wool.)


IMG_3287


They don’t have to be ‘special’ kind of knots. I just did regular knots.


IMG_3286


Keep tying them on, until you’re really happy with how it looks!


This is how far I got with mine – I was doing it on Thursday night, after swimming squads and after home-work… so I still have to finish it off! But it looks pretty cute already, I think.


IMG_3290


Here’s two others, with just feathers. (You can really do whatever you like!)


IMG_3317


Hope you try to make one! I’ll be hanging my super cheap one next to mum’s stupid expensive one.


Thanks for reading! X


PS. Next week I’m hoping to go shopping in BRISBANE!






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1Hd1CuE

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment