Friday, March 6, 2015

DIY Peony Bouquet and DIY crafts

Up close Bouquet In an attempt to save as much money as possible for my wedding, I did a whole lot of things myself. Anyone who has looked at bouquets before knows that they run anywhere between 100$-300$ depending on the type of flowers and size, (and multiply that by all your bridesmaids) plus you don’t have a keep sake unless you spend more money to have it preserved. There are tons of paper peony tutorials on pinterest, but what I couldn’t find was how to make an ACTUAL bouquet (or the ones I did didn’t look very good.) so I made my own!


Supplies crop


SUPPLIES



  • Craft wire or floral wire

  • Floral tape

  • Craft glue

  • Plastic straws

  • Sewing pins (colour of your choice)

  • White coffee filters (with the flat bottom)

  • Ribbon and or Burlap

  • Scissors

  • Spray paint (optional)


Finished Bouquets


THE FLOWER



  • Take a few coffee filters at a time (I found 3 works best) and cut a rounded wavy pattern along the edge.

  • Do the same with 3 more but about an inch into the filter, these will be the inner part of the flower and set aside

  • Take around 2 feet of the floral wire and make a mini noose at one end. (3/4 inch in size)

  • Take the stack of filters with the 3 biggest ones on the bottom, small ones on top, so you have 6 total filters per flower and poke a hole threw the middle with the straight end of the floral wire.Bouquet photo one

  • Add a dab of glue to the noose and pinch up the base of the flower, while wrinkling the flower into place to your liking.

  • Once the flower and base are in place take your floral tape 1/2 an inch – 1 inch up the outside of the base of the flower and tightly wrap the tape around a few times then working on an angle go down the wire a few inches.

  • Repeat for as many flowers as needed! (I made 30 flowers)

  • OPTIONAL: My wedding scheme was mint and gold so I wanted to add a little bling to the rustic bouquets I was doing. I found a gold glitter spray paint and lightly dusted each flower with it. It added just enough to break up the white and you could really do that with any colour as long as you give yourself some practice.


Bouquet photo 2


THE BOUQUET



  • Once all your flowers are done take 5 flowers for a small bouquet or 10 for a big one and use your floral tape on an angle all the way down the wires securing the flowers together.

  • To give the stem some width I added plastic straws, use as many or as little as you like. I used one per flower.

  • Same thing, tape all the way down securing the straws and cut ends of wire to match the length of the straws and set aside.

  • For my bridesmaid’s bouquets I chose to cover the stem in burlap and added a gold bow at the end, while I found a white ribbon with big silver flecks in it and added a gold bow to my bouquet. SO you can really use anything you want to match your wedding/ dress.

  • Take the desired ribbon and place one end at the top wrapping it all the way down to the end to measure the length and cut.

  • Run a bead of glue down the length of the stem and wrap the pre cut ribbon adding some glue along the way to secure.brides bouquet pins

  • Take your sewing pins and add a few along the side to keep everything in place and add some colour. (I used mint coloured pins for the bridesmaids and white for mine) Make sure to put them in on an angle and that they don’t poke through the other side!

  • Add lots of glue to the very end so it starts to poor into the straws and push pins straight in to finish off the end.

  • Let it dry for a day with the stem up so the glue doesn’t leak out!

  • Once dry I added my gold bow and checked the flowers to make sure they were staying close together. Any ones that were spaced to far apart I just added some dabs of glue between the layers of the coffee filters.

  • I saved at least $500, everyone gets a keepsake plus no one had to worried about rushing to pick them up or stressing that they would wilt! ENJOY.bridesmaids bouquet pins







from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1H7TN9o

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment